Skip to main content

Poem(s)! I'm Nobody! & Richard Cory

Hello everybody! It's been awhile since I've last touch this blog. Maybe 2 or 3 days awhile. Anyway, As the title states, I will share with you guys a poem that I found in the internet which I had to compare it to Emily Dickinson's work " I'm Nobody " for my previous poem recital. I actually tried to trace who wrote " Richard Cory " and even visited the library to search for the poem to find out who is(was) the poet but I guess this is probably a piece written by a student. I did however tried to recall again who wrote it, to avoid any copyright issue, but it seems I just forgot all about it. Thanks for the piece " Richard Cory " whoever the poet is! First off, I will let you guys read Emily's work first then compare it with " Richard Cory ".

Updated! The writer/poet of " Richard Cory " is E.A. Robinson! ( 28/11/13 )


I’m Nobody! Who Are You?

I’m nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there’s a pair of us – don’t tell!
They’d banish us, you know!
How dreary to be somebody!
How public like a frog
To tell one’s name the livelong day
To an admiring bog

The next one is " Richard Cory "

Richard Cory

WHENEVER Richard Cory went down town,
We people on the pavement looked at him:
He was a gentleman from sole to crown,
Clean favored, and imperially slim.

And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked.

And he was rich - yes, richer than a king -
And admirably schooled in every grace;
In fine we thought that he was everything
To make us wish that we were in his place.

So on we worked, and waited for the light,
And went without the meat, and cursed the bread;
And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,
Went home and put a bullet through his head.

I wrote a review for my poem recital. I will post that up once this post is done. 

Peace out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dagger: Chapter Three

Chapter 3 Ariam was convinced the trances of various locations and visions of large creatures in colossal size tearing up the heavens, opening a vast portal to enter this realm to wreck destruction and death meant something significant with Sajib’s plan. The dream felt vivid and real, it felt like a looming definite future that was for sure abound to happen if she did not do anything to stop it.             Obadiah was glad when she woke up, and now without further due, he stood in front of Ariam who sat up on the captain’s bed, rubbing her eyes, and then he started shouting, “What the hell were you thinking? You could have died! And what then?! You risked your life just to save this idiot.” Obadiah went on for quite a bit tearing Ariam’s ears off in the process, while Bernard in the other hand thanked and apologized to her.             The captain’s cabin, where the four of them were in was considerably more impressive and cleaner than any part of the ship. You can learn a lot

Kid Against The World: Four

Chapter Four Remember, you can’t love somebody without losing a part of yourself. I drive calmly in this rundown sad excuse of an automobile, I don’t know where we are going, but I’m feeling electric tonight with her by my side. We pull down the windows, and let the wind enter, her hand is out, making waves out of it, whistling a tune she is common with. I am very certain that I am nervous, being in a car with her. I mean I used Pabil’s car before, and he is cool with it, so I’m not anxious about that. It’s the fact that I’m in the same car with this Goddess, that’s making my heart beat racing like a Formula One race car.  We are closing in to the city now; Kuala Lumpur at night is just superb. Forget Paris; forget New York or London, Melbourne, none of that could compare the rawness of Kuala Lumpur. The bikers riding the roads, the homeless trying to get some food, the youth falling in and out of love, all happen under the sleepless nights of this city. She takes a can of be

Words 23.

She was under the moonlight, She hums, she tore the streets with her dance, She knew her presence would cause a stir, She had the whole world under her control, She is daddy’s favourite girl, She is far from an heiress but behaves as one, Surprisingly she is not mine