Skip to main content

Dean and the Siren (Week 3)

Act 3

After a while the siren who went back into the water returned, but this time she brought with her another one of her kind. 

However, this one was different. She has the vibe of someone of great importance; she has a sense of nobility.  The entire siren that was present bowed their head when she arose from the water. She gracefully swam to the row boat, and she ignored all the men and paid attention to only Captain Dean.

“You returned, after centuries, you finally return and pay visit to me,” the siren said. “Oh, and what wonderful form you had taken, such fine work he is.”

“This body isn’t too bad isn’t it,” Dean smug. “I had grown tired of being a fragile creature and decided to travel as this great man.”

The pirates were confused how their captain was acquitted with such a rare creature, but at this point they did not dare to speak between the two of them.

“Have you found what you have been seeking for?” the siren asked.

“No, I have not, but what I have learn on this earthly plain is that the pain is never our own.”

“And is that not enough?”

“It is never enough,” Dean replied. “Nothing is ever enough, everything is never enough.”

“Enough of this small talk then. You have return for reimbursement is it not? Isn’t that right my young naïve but refulgent little brother, Yiyen. You came back to repay what you owed me.”

Dean nodded his head, agreeing to what the siren had said. The siren looked at the men, observing them, as if she was purchasing their souls. “Is there not more?” she asked.

“Come on now Aprhin,” Dean lightheadedly responds. “Of course there is more for you. There is a ship called the Ugly Bastard not too far away from here. You can have all the men and even the ship. That should be enough to repay the debt.”

“Captain?!” Locke panicked. “What is this? What are you doing?! You are giving the crew and ship to her? Have you lost your mind?”

“Captain? Captain?” all the men begged for explanation.

“Now, men, from now on your soul are not yours. It belongs to Arphin and her sirens.”

“What will happen to us?”

“You’d probably be eaten alive and contributing to the survival of the siren species,” Dean saw the men were afraid, some of them cried. Patrick just sat quiet ready to accept his fate. One man thought he could escape from this deal; he hopped out from the boat and into the water, quickly swam back to the ship. The sirens chased him and ate him there and then. His blood spread and a limb floats on the water. “Yes, that is what likely will happen to all of you,” Dean joked.

“This shall suffice, your debt,” Arphin respond. “Now, where is the contract?”

“Ah, about that tiny bit. It seems it is not with me at the moment. I must have left it on the ship.” Dean said. “Now if all of us would go back to the ship, I will give you the contract, you sign in, and we be off on our way.”
“What is this Yiyen?” Arphin irritated. “This isn’t like you to b forgetful, I sense a trick here.”

“A trick?”

“Don’t play dumb with me. If you wish to invoke my wrath, you only had to ask. I would gladly kill you off and send you to the other life.” All of the sirens were prepared for a fight, so they turned into their demonic form.

Dean stood up, and turned to look Patrick with a demanding look, implying to give him support. “I have no tricks here. This boy knows that I’m telling the truth.” Dean ordered Patrick to speak.
Patrick fearfully turned to look at Captain Dean and the siren queen back and forth, and finally shivered, “Uh, uh, yeah, the contract is back in the ship.” Patrick didn’t know what was actually going on, but even when the Captain had sold Patrick’s soul, Patrick had a strong sense to believe in Dean. Unknowingly, the words Patrick had said saved not only his life, but also the captain’s:

“I know you can sense the truthfulness in the boy’s voice Arphin, there are no lies. No tricks here.”
The siren queen took a long some time to respond.
“Very well,” she said finally, breaking the silence. “I will go to this ship of yours. Take my contract along with these men.”
Dean smiled and ordered the men to row back to the Ugly Bastard. Arphin and the sirens swam, following their trail.


End of Act 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dagger: Chapter Three

Chapter 3 Ariam was convinced the trances of various locations and visions of large creatures in colossal size tearing up the heavens, opening a vast portal to enter this realm to wreck destruction and death meant something significant with Sajib’s plan. The dream felt vivid and real, it felt like a looming definite future that was for sure abound to happen if she did not do anything to stop it.             Obadiah was glad when she woke up, and now without further due, he stood in front of Ariam who sat up on the captain’s bed, rubbing her eyes, and then he started shouting, “What the hell were you thinking? You could have died! And what then?! You risked your life just to save this idiot.” Obadiah went on for quite a bit tearing Ariam’s ears off in the process, while Bernard in the other hand thanked and apologized to her.             The captain’s cabin, where the four of them were in was considerably more impressive and cleaner than any part of the ship. You can learn a lot

Kid Against The World: Four

Chapter Four Remember, you can’t love somebody without losing a part of yourself. I drive calmly in this rundown sad excuse of an automobile, I don’t know where we are going, but I’m feeling electric tonight with her by my side. We pull down the windows, and let the wind enter, her hand is out, making waves out of it, whistling a tune she is common with. I am very certain that I am nervous, being in a car with her. I mean I used Pabil’s car before, and he is cool with it, so I’m not anxious about that. It’s the fact that I’m in the same car with this Goddess, that’s making my heart beat racing like a Formula One race car.  We are closing in to the city now; Kuala Lumpur at night is just superb. Forget Paris; forget New York or London, Melbourne, none of that could compare the rawness of Kuala Lumpur. The bikers riding the roads, the homeless trying to get some food, the youth falling in and out of love, all happen under the sleepless nights of this city. She takes a can of be

Gratitude and Appreciation

The months of getting paycheck to paycheck has kept me busy but most importantly has helped built my character in the real world. It's not all shine and glory but it has its moments where I'm proud of. In the year 2018, I decided that I had to leave something behind and till this day (or any other day before this post is published), I thought to myself, 'Was that the right thing to do?'. I got a lot of support from my partner and I know that it will take some time for me to adjust back into society. I wasted no time in looking for jobs and felt that I might not be good enough when it comes to working but everyone has to start from somewhere. I told myself that working in the sales line would be the fastest way to learn something and I set my sights on jobs that had sales in the job scope. I got a job but that was short lived as there were internal factors that hinders my progression or not being able see myself in that company that would help in my growth. As a res