10 February 2018, Our eyes first met, At first glance, I thought of you as mere acquaintances, The second and few other chance encounter, I thought of the what ifs, An opportune, moment opens itself in the form of courage, Made a bold move – to ask you out, Assumptions loom over the mind, But you said – YES
“It’s a lovely day, isn’t it?” she asked. Kate’s Cat Cafe has this relaxing atmosphere to it, patrons would casually drop by to get a daily dose of their coffee and this would be the place where they both would meet. The campus cafeteria was getting a bit too dry for their taste. “So, why did you call me out?” she asked him. He looks worried. Before he could answer her, he thought of the many possible options to answer her without making him look like a lunatic. “Susan, you see. I have to go back to my hometown. My grandfather is sick and…” “Hold up! You ask me to meet you here just to tell me this? It’s family, I can understand.” she said. “I won’t be back for a week or so. Need to help around the house.” he added. As the evening grew closer midnight, they left the cafe with Susan’s arms around his. Deep down he was not sure whether he would come back from this. BOOM! The sound of explosions destroying the walls. Sam and Jasmine manage to take out most of the threa...
“I’m sorry Abdullah .” he shot the man with his silencer barrel pistol. Two shots were shot. He dragged the body back on the bed. His hand bloodied and deep down he felt guilty about it but he knew it had to be done. He takes out his phone and speeds dial to an unknown number, “The owl is now in a cage.” The receiver from the other end replied, “Affirmative agent. Rendezvous at the designated location.” He throws the phone away outside the window. He makes way onto the main deck with the rest of his belongings. He prepares his escape with the ship’s safety boat. He once again stares at the gun and tries to accept the situation that he has killed a person. He took a life away. “If you cannot fix a person then don’t hurt the person.” his father said. He keeps the gun and throws away the thought of his father’s advice. ‘I am now and not before’ as he sails away from the cargo ship.
Comments
Post a Comment